Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Breeze Whispers To Me

The breeze whispers
Telling secrets of a long ago age
Of silent feet and whiskers
Of twitching tail and ancient knowledge

How I felt this night long ago
When the stars spoke of light and song
To know that through time I would go
To face many trials some short and others long

I live this life now
With you on my mind
I thank the gods for bringing you to me and I bow
To honor their guiding me to you to find

That life means more to me now that you are in it
A life worth much more then living
For you are to me a benefit
Who opens my heart for the giving

I don’t think I’ve told you lately how wonderful you are
So, let me say it at this time
You are better than any by far
Because you are the stitch in my side and the twinkle of my eye

I long to hold you close to my side
To dance with you under a canopy of moonlight
I want by your side to abide
And feel your warmth and might

But try as I might, I cannot express what you mean to me
The way you make me smile
I think of you and my heart melts with glee
And I would with you walk any country mile

So although I might not always write
You are never far from my present thoughts
I see a rabbit and I smile for I see you in it reflected
I hear a mocking bird sing and I grin for I hear your voice

And while some of these verses do not rhyme
I must ask you to forgive me this choice
For I’ve run out of things to say
Other than that I love who you are as you are

You mean so much to me
And I hope to someday help you see
That I can be for you what you are to me
But for now I will just think of you and smile with glee

No comments:

Post a Comment