Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Beautiful Mother

Of days looking back I remember
On my childhood oh so sweet
Many thing from then I could surrender
And demons could I meet

But there was one that was always around
To be my guiding sheltering light
Sweet and melodious was the sound
Her voice a pure delight

Strong she expressed her will with love
With grace to her kin
Hand bare or covered in glove
But my bottom needed it then

To me she passed unsurmounted wisdom
With kind and gentle word
So I would know how to conquer that demon
And let my spirit wing like a bird

Little did I know or understand
The wisdom that she shared
But now my spirit is glad to stand
And as a witness to her bare

My loving mother oh so dear
How sweet she is to me
But now it is time I stand without fear
And be fore her what she was for me

No comments:

Post a Comment